Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

AWESOME small space tip

Most of the women who read this blog live in relatively small spaces.

We're in our largest space ever, at just over 1000 square feet, but I still manage to make it feel cluttered. And we have hardly any furniture!

I learned this amazing tip that explains why spaces that may contain a lot of furniture feel uncluttered, while my house with one or two chairs feels like it's covered in trash. HORIZONTAL SPACES!

How many of your horizontal spaces are cluttered right now with papers, keys, what-not, etc., miscellaneous objects? Mine are AWFUL, since I don't yet have a designated space for a lot of things. Last night I cleared off the bar above my kitchen sink, and ta-da! The kitchen looked so much cleaner.

Try it, you'll love it! Clear off the counter, shelf, tabletop, whatever. Make space for living by taming the stuff on your bed, chair, floor. Find places to put things, or throw them away. (I'm currently digitizing a lot of records so I can recycle the paper and not have to store it)

This tip brought to you courtesy of Small Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment