Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dating

I know the women who read (or used to read) this blog have young kids, but I came across this post that I found fascinating.

"The culture of dating is a culture of hunger and unsatisfied eyes that are always looking around for affirmation via someone or something else."

I've been thinking about dating, and what kind of relationships I want to encourage my children to engage in such that they can have successful marriages. Whenever I am struggling to find a fulness of joy in my own marriage, I turn to thinking about what I want for my kids and how to foster success in their future.

This post, found through another blogger's tumblr, gave me some interesting things to think about, the most forward of which I agree with: young kids who are dating are setting themselves up for a bad relationship with "relationships".

1 comment:

  1. Love that article!! I honestly think that pop music, more than tv or movies has had the biggest affect on my love life. I don't listen to it anymore and I REALLY don't want my kids listening to it. Maybe punk music because it's more polical. Everything else just promotes narcissism, IMO and that hurts the ability for healthy relationships more than anything.
    "The culture of dating is a culture of hunger and unsatisfied eyes that are always looking around for affirmation via someone or something else." Sums it up beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete