Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Politics

Several months ago, I had a conversation with someone who was concerned about my need for intellectual stimulation who suggested starting a blog and posting on topics that interested me. Book reviews, parenting, world news, and politics were mentioned as options.

You will most certainly see book reviews and opinions on parenting here. I will likely even mention world news. (For example: the CDC recommends zombie-apocalypse preparation, and if you know a teenager you'll know that zombies are in right now) That sounds like a joke, but my brother-in-law is very interested in emergency preparedness, and it's all thanks to zombies.

Politics, however, presents a conundrum. I would love to discuss politics with you, but for now my desire is to keep my political views off of the internet. If you want to know how I feel about politics, ask me! I would love to share my feelings with you. They are subject to change as I learn more about this country and the people who live here.

If you'd like to get more involved in the political process, I encourage you to go local! There's no better way to make an impact than to voice your opinion about a local sign ordinance, or discussion of zoning exceptions. Look up how often your town council meets. Some cities now have the minutes published, or even videos available on town websites or on demand on local cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment