Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Good Books?

I saw a link this morning for you, Kris! After months of her son bringing home "spiritual french fries" books from school, I know she's looking for some good books for her young advanced reader to sink his teeth into.

I'm also on the lookout for good books to read out loud to my boys; I want that to be a habit for us.

What are your favorite books for kids? The kind of books that you feel are quality literature?

And please forgive my absence, we spent the last two weeks in Virginia with my husband's family and had so much fun I hardly checked my e-mail let alone wrote anything for you! I promise I'll be more active here.

1 comment:

  1. I never did thank you for the list. It's fantastic! I wanted to tell you I love anything by Arthur Lobel. They're early readers and I love the stories and how he writes them.
    Early readers are hard though. I figure if mom can'r read it over and over then the kids wont want to either. And that does not create readers.
    Our absolute favorite picture book is Bubble Gum Bubble Gum. Fun, rhymey, and colorful illustrations.
    We should start a list....

    ReplyDelete